Heroes of Olympus, The, Book One The Lost Hero (Heroes of Olympus, The, Book One) (The Heroes of Olympus #1) (Hardcover)
On Our Shelves Now
Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the The Heroes of Olympus series.
- #3: Heroes of Olympus, The, Book Three The Mark of Athena (Heroes of Olympus, The, Book Three) (The Heroes of Olympus #3) (Hardcover): $19.99
- #4: Heroes of Olympus, The, Book Four The House of Hades (Heroes of Olympus, The, Book Four) (The Heroes of Olympus #4) (Hardcover): $19.99
- #5: Heroes of Olympus, The, Book Five The Blood of Olympus (Heroes of Olympus, The, Book Five) (The Heroes of Olympus #5) (Hardcover): $19.99
Rick Riordan, the best-selling author of the Percy Jackson series, pumps up the action and suspense in The Lost Hero, the first book in The Heroes of Olympus series.
"Riordan extends the franchise in a logical direction while maximizing the elements that made the first series so popular: irreverent heroes, plenty of tension-filled moments fighting monsters, and authentic classical mythology mixed in with modern life."--Horn Book
- A New York Times best-seller
- A spin-off of the blockbuster Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, but stands on its own
- Combines Roman and Greek mythology
- Told from the points of view of a diverse cast of demigods
- Memorable characters, witty dialogue, and non-stop action have made this series popular across the globe
- Perfect for middle grade readers but can be enjoyed by older readers, too
Piper has a secret. Her father has been missing for three days, and her vivid nightmares reveal that he’s in terrible danger. Now her boyfriend doesn’t recognize her, and when a freak storm and strange creatures attack during a school field trip, she, Jason, and Leo are whisked away to someplace called Camp Half-Blood. What is going on?
Leo has a way with tools. His new cabin at Camp Half-Blood is filled with them. Seriously, the place beats Wilderness School hands down, with its weapons training, monsters, and fine-looking girls. What’s troubling is the curse everyone keeps talking about, and that a camper’s gone missing. Weirdest of all, his bunkmates insist they are all—including Leo—related to a god.
Fans of demigods, prophecies, and quests will be left breathless--and panting for Book Two.
About the Author
Rick Riordan, dubbed “storyteller of the gods” by Publishers Weekly, is the author of five #1 New York Times best-selling middle grade series with millions of copies sold throughout the world: Percy Jackson and the Olympians, The Heroes of Olympus, and the Trials of Apollo, based on Greek and Roman mythology; the Kane Chronicles, based on Ancient Egyptian mythology; and Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, based on Norse mythology. Rick collaborated with illustrator John Rocco on two #1 New York Times best-selling collections of Greek myths for the whole family: Percy Jackson’s Greek Gods and Percy Jackson’s Greek Heroes. Rick is also the publisher of an imprint at Disney-Hyperion, Rick Riordan Presents, dedicated to finding other authors of highly entertaining fiction based on world cultures and mythologies. He lives in Boston, Massachusetts with his wife and two sons. Follow him on Twitter at @RickRiordan.