A Halloween Scare in Chicago (Hardcover)
This spooktacular Halloween picture book is a not-so-frightful, oh-so-delightful tale for children 4-8 who love Chicago!
It's Halloween night in Chicago, and creatures and critters from Northbrook to Winnetka are starting to gather outside the front door. A flurry of monsters on broomsticks, buses, and bikes are all clamoring in the darkness. What is it they want? Are they coming for you? Get ready for a furry, fanged fest! A perfect Halloween gift for kids, this fun read-aloud book is packed with colorful illustrations and charming rhymes featuring iconic locations and landmarks from Chicago that kids, parents, and grandparents alike will love reading together.
- Ideal for boys and girls ages 4-8 and their caregivers
- A great Halloween gift or basket-stuffer for a unique family treat!
- Not-too-scary fun for every reader, filled with witches, ghosts, ghouls, and pumpkins galore!
- Enjoy landmarks such as Willis Tower, London House, Marina Drive, and more
- Perfect for kids who live in or have relatives in Chicago or visit the Midwest
Arriving from Northbrook, Winnetka, La Grange,
The weird and the wonderful, freakish and strange
All gathered together for one spooky night,
To seek out the living and give them a fright.
About the Author
Eric James is a children’s book author, word tickler, and champion asparagus thrower. You can find him online at www.ericjames.co.uk. He lives in Bath, England, with his family.
Marina Le Ray has had success both as a children’s book illustrator as well as a greeting card designer. She lives and works in Nantes, France.